This is a recipe of my daughter.
- 500 g of Eggplant (Aubergine)
- 1-2 chillies
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200 ml water
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 50 ml sunflower oil or rapeseed oil
- pinch of salt
- Slice each eggplant into pieces 1-2cm thick and then cut the pieces into 1-2cm thick stripes or cubes
- Heat a pan or a wok. Add oil, salt and garlic. Stir fry for 2 minutes
- Add the chillies. If you want to have it less spicy, you have to deseed the chillies before
- Add eggplants and cook stirring frequently till the oil is absorbed
- Add sugar, soy sauce and 1 tbsp of water and cook until the water evaporates. Continue the same process with the rest of prepared water
Serve as a main course with rice or as a side-dish for meat.
If you like more Asian flavor, replace the oil with sesame oil.