- 700g fresh pumpkin, peeled, grated
- 250g smoked cheese, grated
- 5 eggs
- 0,15l sunflower oil
- 0,1l milk
- 200g spelt flour
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 100g fine oatmeal
- baking powder
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ground black pepper
- freshly chopped green parsley
- sesame seeds
- golden flax seeds
- poppy seeds
- parchment paper (baking paper)
- Grate pumpkin.
- Mix eggs and oil in a large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and cheese.
- Mix baking powder together with spelt flour and add into the bowl.
- Add milk, oatmeal, garlic, salt, ground black pepper, dill, chive and parsley. Stir properly.
- Line a pie pan with the parchment paper.
- Pour over the mixture in pie pan.
- Sprinkle with sesame, flax and poppy.
- Preheat an oven to 190 °C (375 ºF) and bake for 25 minutes
- Decrease the oven temperature to 170 °C (338 ºF) and bake for another 10 minutes.
Serve it hot or cold with a dip.
Add a chilli into the mixture if you like it more spicy.
One thought on “Salty Pumpkin Pie”
Would it be difficult to incorporate a print icon with your recipes? Printing uses a lot of paper. It would be terrific for each recipe to be electronically formatted for print. :Love the recipes by the way.